I could see this coming.
Previously, Oman Air offered a free night at the lovely Al Bustan Palace for business-class passengers. Now, Etihad has trumped the deal by offering a free 2-nights stay. This included Economy passengers as well. For business, first and Residence classes, Etihad has an ongoing stopover plan. You can find the details here.
Etihad Free Stopover Details
Booking dates are between April 7, 2019 to June 15, 2019. You need to travel between April 21, 2019 and July 15, 2019.
The free nights can be availed in three steps
Step 1 – Book a multi-city flight with Etihad
This does not need to be a round-trip itinerary. As an example, you can choose Mumbai – Abu Dhabi – Muscat like I have shown below.
The total fare for this itinerary is INR 15,740 / US$ 225.
Step 2 – Choose a hotel from 15 hotel partners
You have to book a hotel with this link and your booking reference number.
The hotel partners are
- Centro Al Manhal
- Courtyard by Marriott WTC
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
- Crowne Plaza Yas Island
- Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
- Holiday Inn Downtown
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
- Premier Inn Airport
- Radisson Blu Yas Island
- Ramada Corniche
- Ramada Downtown
- TRYP by Wyndham
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
- Traders Qaryat Al Beri
The choice of hotel would depend on the purpose of your trip. I would recommend Traders Qaryat Al Beri if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with a private beach and a souk. I have stayed at its sister property Shangri-la Qaryat Al Beri. It was an excellent stay.
On the other hand, if you are interested in theme parks like Ferrari World and Warner Bros. World, I suggest staying at Yas Island. Remember, Cleartrip is still offering up to 50% discount on these tickets.
For business travel, a downtown hotel is likely to suit you best.
Step 3 – Wait for voucher
Once your flight and hotel bookings are complete, Etihad will send your booking voucher.
You can read more about the promotion here.
Terms & Conditions
- You must book the tickets on Etihad.com or mobile app. E-mail or telephone tickets are specifically excluded.
- Offer is available only for Etihad flights and not code shares (ticket numbers starting with 607)
- Any fare class is eligible (deal, saver, flex etc)
- Redemption and cash+miles tickets are not eligible
- Minimum stay of 24 hours is required in Abu Dhabi
- For any queries, reach out to AbuDhabiStopover@etihad.com
- Visas (if required) and airport transfers are not included
- Credit card is required to guarantee your hotel reservation
- Hotel bookings during Eid al-Fitr holidays (June 4-9) are not permitted
- Hotel needs to be booked at least 96 hours in advance
- Bookings can be made for 2 adults. Any child might incur extra charges (at discretion of hotel)
This is a great promotion if you are fine with travelling to Abu Dhabi in summers. In fact, the dates might even coincide with school vacations.
Overall, this deal fits well into Etihad’s revamped strategy to promote Abu Dhabi.
Are you planning to take advantage of this offer? Let us know.