Maldives is high on my bucket list. In fact, I am saving up a substantial stash of Hilton Honors points to redeem at a Maldives property. By the end of this year, Hilton will have three resorts in Maldives
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
Of these Waldorf Astoria is the most exciting. It is a super-premium property. However, the redemption availability is extremely limited.
Then I turned my attention to SAii Lagoon. And it had a great deal to offer.
About SAii Lagoon
Even before its opening, SAii Lagoon has achieved a unique place in the plethora of resorts at Maldives.
First, it is part of Maldives’ first-ever integrated leisure and entertainment resort destination – the Crossroads project. Second, it is connected to Male airport via a short speedboat ride. This makes it convenient to access.
SAii Lagoon has not had the best of starts. Originally, it was scheduled to open on August 1, 2019 but this has been postponed by a month. Unfortunately, it had started accepting reservations from August 1 and had to cancel them.
Flights to Maldives from most countries can be ridiculously expensive and changing them is not ideal. Hence, there are a fair few disgruntled customers.
SAii Lagoon – Free Airport Transfers
SAii Lagoon has a promotion running right now. If you make a direct booking on saiiresorts.com for a stay from Sep 1, 2019 – Mar 31, 2020 you get a complimentary round trip airport speed boat transfer for 2 persons.
This is a great deal and more so considering this is a peak travel season.
Also note that the resort website directs you to Hilton.com. Therefore, if you have a co-branded Hilton card, you will be able to earn points on your booking.
SAii Lagoon – Honors Gold Benefits
I had reached out to the resort to understand the Honors Gold benefits. This is what I was told,
Due to the very special nature of the accommodation at SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton are unable to offer complimentary upgraded accommodation. However, as you are a valued Gold member, we are delighted to offer you the following benefits during your stay. Kindly note that Gold benefits are only applicable for cardholder and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay. In the event that cardholder is not travelling, guests who are staying with us will not be entitled to enjoy the benefits below.
- Opening Promotion: 1000 Honors bonus points per Night (1-Aug to 31-Oct-2019)
- Complimentary breakfast for cardholder and one guest per day in Miss Olive Oyl restaurant.
- Complimentary breakfast will be provided in Miss Olive Oyl restaurant for the accompanying child under 12 years.
- Free Access to bean/Co a la carte menu from 14.30 to 18.30.
- Free Access to Miss Olive Oyl Pool Bar beverage a la carte menu from 17.30 to 18.30.
- One bottle of White or Red wine upon arrival. Chocolate & Fruit amenities upon arrival.
Even without the room upgrade, the benefits offered are quite good. The difference between the Standard Rooms and the Beach Villa is about $75 (on my dates) so it doesn’t bother me too much.